Thursday, April 22, 2010

SandRidge appeal

This is the application that never ends, it just keeps going on and on my friends..

And yes, now it has been appealed. Text of the appeal that was filed are here, on Doug's blog. I haven't gotten a chance to look over it much, but I was looking into who sits on the Board of Adjustment.

I don't think it looks good for historic preservation but I will say that SandRidge is not going to have an easy time getting this application through. Honestly..I'm starting to wish that more could be done to work WITH SandRidge and not AGAINST SandRidge to get the best masterplan for this site.

SandRidge wants the best too, they just see us urban enthusiasts working against them. We're not opposed to them or their project, just a small part of it. This is indeed a very broken process. More later..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Big HUG on Monday!
Come show some love and respect for downtown OKC's historic buildings on Monday, May 3 at 12:30 PM by giving a building a BIG HUG! First 200 people get a free KeepDowntownUrban t-shirt.

Location: NW corner of Robinson and Robert S. Kerr.

Tell EVERYBODY!